Time: 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Tickets: Click here to register for free and come celebrate with us!
Join us for a Celebration of Diversity and Disability at the Queens Museum. Free and fun for all ages, programs include art-making workshops, movement and dance, music and relaxed performance, and storytelling!
Activities are planned with a multi-sensory approach and center audiences and artists with disabilities, in a supportive and welcoming environment including the following accommodations:
– American Sign Language interpretation
– Social Narrative including visual instructions and an introduction to the events and workshops
– Chill Out spaces
– Adaptive instructions
– Noise reducing headphones, earplugs and fidgets
What to expect during the celebration?
– A welcoming and engaging space where you can express yourself through art
– Art-making activities using a variety of materials
– Music and movement activities
– Exploring themes related to the museum exhibitions and gallery experiences
– A place to meet other participants who love the arts
– Local food vendors from Queens
– Resource tables to learn more about disability advocates and organizations